How to Make Caribbean grilled shrimp with pineapple
Check out this how to video to learn how to make Caribbean grilled shrimp and pineapple skewers. Experience a new video cookbook with delicious summertime recipes, perfect for your picnic basket or backyard BBQ table. This Caribbean grilled shrimp are sure to be the hit of the party.
Caribbean grilled shrimp ingredients:
1/2 cup lime juice
4 garlic cloves
2 tbsp achiote seeds or equal parts turmeric and paprika
2 tsp allspice berries
2 tsp dried oregano
2 tsp salt
1 1/2 tsp whole black peppercorns
1/2 cup extra virgin olive oil
1 pineapple, peeled, cored, and chopped into 1/2 in. thick slices
2 onions, cut into 1/2 in. wedges
3 sprigs, fresh Oregano,
1 lb. shrimp
1 lemon, cut into wedges
1. Soak the skewers in cool water for 30 minutes.
2. Blend lime juice, garlic, achiote seeds, allspice berries, oregano, salt and peppercorns in a KitchenAid Blender until smooth.
3. Gradually add olive oil to the mixture as the blender is running to create an emulsion.
4. Assemble the skewers with 3 shrimp, 3 pineapple wedges, and 2 onion pieces and transfer to a shallow pan.
5. Add three sprigs of fresh oregano to the pan of skewers once they are finished being assembled. Pour the achiote paste over the skewers evenly and marinate for 1-3 hours.
6. Prepare a charcoal grill to high heat.
7. Place the skewers on the grill and cook about 3-4 minutes a side.
8. Serve with a squeeze of lemon.