How to Make Pakistani prawn biryani
Here is another fantastic Pakistani recipe. Prawn biryani is a dish of prawns, rice and seasoning made in a Pakistani style. These prawns are sure to be full of flavor with lots of colorful seasonings and vegetables all cooked together.
Rice (Basmati) - 300 gms.
prawns (shelled) - 600 gms.
Bay leaf - 2 nos.
sliced onion - 1/4 cup.
Coriander leaves - 1 tbsp.
Fresh grated coconut - 1 tbsp.
Coconut milk - 50 mls.
Lemon juice - 1 tsp.
Turmeric powder - 1/4 tsp.
Green chili - 2 nos.
Whole garam masala - 1 tsp.
Ghee/Oil - 2 tbsps.
Salt as per taste
1. Pick, wash and soak rice for about 20 minutes. Drain and keep aside.
2. Shell, Devein and wash the prawns.
3. Heat Ghee or oil in a thick-bottomed pan. Add bay leaves and Whole Garam Masala Let it crackle. Add sliced onion, sauté till the onion turns pink.
4. Add water, turmeric powder, lemon juice and green chilies slit into two. Bring it to boil and add rice. Cook for a minute and add prawns and coconut milk. Season with salt. Stir lightly.
5. Stir till rice absorbs all the water and then cover it with a lid and cook it on a slow fire till rice and prawns are fully cooked.