How to Make BBQ shrimp and cocktail sauce with the Neely's
Pat and Gina whip up a spicy barbecued shrimp and homemade cocktail sauce. Follow along as the Neely's show you how to prepare a great southern style seafood dish. Make these BBQ shrimp with the cocktail sauce for a meal your guest wont forget.
* 1 pound large shrimp, peeled and deveined
* 1/4 teaspoon ground cloves
* 1/4 teaspoon seasoned salt
* 1/2 teaspoon dried thyme
* 1 teaspoon ground mustard
* 1 teaspoon celery salt
* 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
* 1/2 teaspoon Neelys BBQ dry rub seasoning, recipe follows
* 1/2 lemon, juiced, plus lemon wedges, for garnish
* 1/4 cup Neely's BBQ sauce, recipe follows
* Cocktail Sauce, recipe follows
Rinse shrimp thoroughly in cold water and place in large bowl. Mix cloves, seasoned salt, thyme, mustard, celery salt, pepper, and Neelys seasoning in a small bowl. Sprinkle shrimp with the seasoning mixture and toss. Add lemon juice and the BBQ sauce and mix thoroughly. Cover and let marinate for 20 minutes.
Preheat grill to a medium heat. Place shrimp on grill, directly over heat. Cook for 1 1/2 to 2 minutes per side and fully cooked. Serve with cocktail sauce and garnish with lemon wedges.