Julissa Roberts shows how to shuck an oyster. She shows us how to determine whether the oyster is safe to eat, how to shuck the oyster, and then one way to prepare a plate of oysters. If you don't properly check the oyster, and clean it, you could get a mouth full of sand, or get an oyster that smells like rotten fish. To check whether the oyster is good, smell it, it will smell like rotten fish if it's bad. Then tap the oyster on something solid, if the oyster is dead, it will sound hollow, and if the oyster's mouth is open, tap the flat upper shell. If the oyster is alive, the shell should close tightly, if the oyster is dead, it won't do anything.
Want to master Microsoft Excel and take your work-from-home job prospects to the next level? Jump-start your career with our Premium A-to-Z Microsoft Excel Training Bundle from the new Gadget Hacks Shop and get lifetime access to more than 40 hours of Basic to Advanced instruction on functions, formula, tools, and more.
Other worthwhile deals to check out:
- 97% off The Ultimate 2021 White Hat Hacker Certification Bundle
- 98% off The 2021 Accounting Mastery Bootcamp Bundle
- 99% off The 2021 All-in-One Data Scientist Mega Bundle
- 59% off XSplit VCam: Lifetime Subscription (Windows)
- 98% off The 2021 Premium Learn To Code Certification Bundle
- 62% off MindMaster Mind Mapping Software: Perpetual License
- 41% off NetSpot Home Wi-Fi Analyzer: Lifetime Upgrades