Scallops are delicious and make an exotic addition to the dinner table. Luckily, they are not difficult to prepare. Check out this tutorial and learn how to make scallops so good they will impress your friends and family.
You Will Need
• Salt and pepper
• Cast-iron skillet
• 1 tbsp. oil
• 1 tbsp. butter
• Paper towels
Step 1: Lightly season
Add salt and pepper to the uncooked scallops to lightly season before cooking. Flip the scallops over to season both sides.
Do not overseason or overcook the scallops. You don't want them too salty or too tough.
Step 2: Add oil to the pan
Add just enough vegetable oil to the pan to cover it evenly, and heat the oil until it's hot, but not smoking.
Step 3: Sear the scallops
With the tongs, place the scallops into the oil, one by one, six at a time.
Step 4: Flip the scallops
Use tongs to flip the scallops over after about 90 seconds.
Step 5: Season and serve
Season the scallops with parsley as they are browning. Remove them from heat after 90 seconds and set them on paper towels to drain. Serve them while they're still warm!
Did you know? 53.5 million pounds of sea scallop meats worth about $370 million were harvested in the United States in 2008.
Want to master Microsoft Excel and take your work-from-home job prospects to the next level? Jump-start your career with our Premium A-to-Z Microsoft Excel Training Bundle from the new Gadget Hacks Shop and get lifetime access to more than 40 hours of Basic to Advanced instruction on functions, formula, tools, and more.
Other worthwhile deals to check out:
- 97% off The Ultimate 2021 White Hat Hacker Certification Bundle
- 98% off The 2021 Accounting Mastery Bootcamp Bundle
- 99% off The 2021 All-in-One Data Scientist Mega Bundle
- 59% off XSplit VCam: Lifetime Subscription (Windows)
- 98% off The 2021 Premium Learn To Code Certification Bundle
- 62% off MindMaster Mind Mapping Software: Perpetual License
- 41% off NetSpot Home Wi-Fi Analyzer: Lifetime Upgrades