In this how-to video, you will learn how to shuck an oyster using the hinge method. First, you must have cleaned oysters, oyster knife, a small towel, and a glove. The oyster has a flat top shell and a bottom shell. The hinge is where you will be inserting the knife. Place the oyster top side down on a flat surface. Insert the tip of the knife into the small hinge opening. Use force to push it in. Clean the knife and then pry it open. Slide the knife across the top shell towards the abductor muscle. Remove the top shell and clean your knife. Now, sever the muscle that connects it to the bottom shell. You have now shucked an oyster. This video gives you the proper way to do this.
Want to master Microsoft Excel and take your work-from-home job prospects to the next level? Jump-start your career with our Premium A-to-Z Microsoft Excel Training Bundle from the new Gadget Hacks Shop and get lifetime access to more than 40 hours of Basic to Advanced instruction on functions, formula, tools, and more.
Other worthwhile deals to check out:
- 97% off The Ultimate 2021 White Hat Hacker Certification Bundle
- 98% off The 2021 Accounting Mastery Bootcamp Bundle
- 99% off The 2021 All-in-One Data Scientist Mega Bundle
- 59% off XSplit VCam: Lifetime Subscription (Windows)
- 98% off The 2021 Premium Learn To Code Certification Bundle
- 62% off MindMaster Mind Mapping Software: Perpetual License
- 41% off NetSpot Home Wi-Fi Analyzer: Lifetime Upgrades