This Crab Cake recipe comes from one of my favorite places in Rockwall, Texas called Zanata. You can't go wrong fwith anything on the menu. Its always fantastic or wunderbar, as you would say in German. So, let's get started.
Ingredients for Crab Cake:
- 1 lb jumbo blue crab
- 2 tbsp of fresh bread crumbs
- 1/8 tsp of cayenne pepper
- 1 tsp paprika
- 1 tsp granulated garlic
- 1/8 tsp nutmeg
- 1/8 tsp coriander
- 1/8 tsp cardamon
- 2 tsp kosher salt
- 1 tsp black pepper
- 1/8 tsp dry mustard
- 1 cup fresh mayonnaise
- 1/2 bunch parsley chopped
- 1 tbsp Dijon mustard
- 1 tsp fresh thyme
- 1/4 cup rendered smoked bacon cut into 1 1/2 strips
- 1/4 cup fingerling potatoes cut into 2 inch strips
- 1/2 onion julienned
- 2 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 1/2 cup of fresh micro greens
- salt and pepper to taste
Corn Puree recipe to follow
Step 1 Mixing
In a medium sized mixing bowl, combine the mayonnaise, spices, bread crumbs, mustard, herbs, and mix well with a whisk. Next, gently fold in the jumbo crab meat to incorporate, but try not to break up all the lumps. Allow the mixture to set for 30 min before shaping into baseball sized cakes.
Step 2 Bacon and Potatoes
You will need to sauté the pans for this dish. Let the first pan get hot then add one tablespoon of the olive oil. Next add the bacon, onions, and potatoes and continue to sauté until they have a nice carmel color and are cooked. Season with salt and pepper. Remove from heat and set aside for later.
Step 3 The Cakes
Remove the crab cakes from the refrigerator and shape into cakes. In a medium high sauté pan, place the rest of the olive oil and swirl it around in the pan. Next, add the crab cakes and cook until they are golden brown, then flip to the other side. Continue to cook until the other side is golden brown, also.
Step 4 Corn Puree
4 cooked ears of corn, 2 cups of hot cream and salt and pepper to taste.
Remove the kernels with your knife and place into blender with hot cream until you have a porridge texture. Season with salt and pepper.
Step 5 All Done
Using a large platter or plate, place some of the corn puree on the bottom of the plate and spoon around it and the middle. Next, add some of the bacon sauté in the middle, then place a crab cake on top. Season the micro greens and rest on top of the crab cake. You can also add some corn puree on top if you would like.
Happy Cooking :D
Want to master Microsoft Excel and take your work-from-home job prospects to the next level? Jump-start your career with our Premium A-to-Z Microsoft Excel Training Bundle from the new Gadget Hacks Shop and get lifetime access to more than 40 hours of Basic to Advanced instruction on functions, formula, tools, and more.
Other worthwhile deals to check out:
- 97% off The Ultimate 2021 White Hat Hacker Certification Bundle
- 98% off The 2021 Accounting Mastery Bootcamp Bundle
- 99% off The 2021 All-in-One Data Scientist Mega Bundle
- 59% off XSplit VCam: Lifetime Subscription (Windows)
- 98% off The 2021 Premium Learn To Code Certification Bundle
- 62% off MindMaster Mind Mapping Software: Perpetual License
- 41% off NetSpot Home Wi-Fi Analyzer: Lifetime Upgrades