Do you love fish tacos? If you do, you might want to try the shellfish version of the fish taco… the shrimp taco. It's shrimp inside a taco shell with some chipotle mayonnaise sauce. If you want to make this, watch the video recipe for all the details on this shrimp taco with chipotle mayo.
We love this taco so much that we begged the Chef Ramos at Olé to make it and share it with you all. Fried shrimp is dressed up with a spicy chipotle mayo & smooth cilantro pesto to make this a quick bite that is hard to forget. Add a little crisp shredded cabbage and a warm tortilla and you have one taco that will have your mouth dancing the salsa!
Shrimp Taco - Makes 4-5 Tacos
* 1 cup all-purpose batter
* ½ bottle Dos X beer or your favorite mexican beer
* 10-12 each jumbo tiger shrimp, shelled and deveined
* 4-5 corn tortillas
* 2 cups mayonnaise
* 2 chipotle adobo chilis
* 2 cloves fresh garlic, chopped
* 2 tsp salt
* 1 tsp white pepper
* zest from 2 limes and their juice
* 2 tbsp guajillo oil (optional)
Make the Shrimp Taco
1. Mix all-purpose batter with beer
2. Dip shrimp in wet batter, let excess batter run off. Deep fry at 350° until golden brown
Make the Chipotle Mayo
1. Incorporate all ingredients into a blender and puree until smooth
Assemble the Taco
1. Warm corn tortillas
2. Add cooked shrimp, top with cabbage slaw, cilantro pesto and chipotle mayonnaise
3. Sprinkle with black sesame seeds (optional)
Want to master Microsoft Excel and take your work-from-home job prospects to the next level? Jump-start your career with our Premium A-to-Z Microsoft Excel Training Bundle from the new Gadget Hacks Shop and get lifetime access to more than 40 hours of Basic to Advanced instruction on functions, formula, tools, and more.