Mmm… pan fried langoustines with carrots. These prawns are great fried in the pan. If you want to try this easy-to-do prawns recipe, just watch and learn. Icelandic Pan fried langoustines with carrots are great for any shellfish lover.
Icelandic chef Thorarinn Eggertsson of Orange restaurant in Reykjavik, shows a simple preparation of an underrated crustacean, the flavorful langoustines. Chef Thor quickly sears them and finishes with butter and lime juice. Serve with simple carrots cooked in vegetable stock. A delicious meal in minutes.
For the Langoustines
* 3 langoustine tails, removed from shells
* olive oil
* 2 tbsp butter
* juice of ½ lime
For the Carrots
* 2 medium-sized carrots, peeled & cut into various shapes & sizes
* 1 cups vegetable stock
* 2 tbsp butter
1. Coat medium saucepan with olive oil over medium heat
2. Add carrots, then cover with vegetable stock. Add 2 tbsp butter, and cook 7-8 minutes
3. In a separate saute pan, over medium-high heat, coat with olive oil
4. Add langoustines to sear, 1 minute on first side
5. Flip langoustines, cook 20 additional seconds on other side. Add 2 tbsp butter to pan and fresh lime juice to finish
6. Slice langoustines tails lengthwise. Plate with carrots and garnishes of choice
Want to master Microsoft Excel and take your work-from-home job prospects to the next level? Jump-start your career with our Premium A-to-Z Microsoft Excel Training Bundle from the new Gadget Hacks Shop and get lifetime access to more than 40 hours of Basic to Advanced instruction on functions, formula, tools, and more.