Nilasing na hipon translates to drunken shrimp and it gets it's name because the shrimp are soaked in wine before they are breaded and fried. The alcohol will cook off and you will be left with this delicious Filipino shrimp and vegetable dish.
1 lb shrimp, head on
1/2 cup whiskey
1 tbsp salt
1 tsp pepper
1 cup all-purpose flour
1. Trim tendrils of shrimps with scissors. Wash and drain.
2. In a bowl, combine shrimp, whiskey, salt and pepper. Marinate shrimp for around 30-45 minutes. Drain.
3. In a bowl, toss marinated shrimp with flour to coat evenly.
4. Heat oil in a pan. Deep-fry shrimp until golden brown. Remove and drain on paper towels. Serve with spicy vinegar dip (as follows).
* To prepare spicy vinegar dip, just mix together, 2tbsp vinegar, a pinch of salt and pepper, 1 red hot chili (siling labuyo), chopped and 1 clove garlic, chopped.
Want to master Microsoft Excel and take your work-from-home job prospects to the next level? Jump-start your career with our Premium A-to-Z Microsoft Excel Training Bundle from the new Gadget Hacks Shop and get lifetime access to more than 40 hours of Basic to Advanced instruction on functions, formula, tools, and more.
Other worthwhile deals to check out:
- 97% off The Ultimate 2021 White Hat Hacker Certification Bundle
- 98% off The 2021 Accounting Mastery Bootcamp Bundle
- 99% off The 2021 All-in-One Data Scientist Mega Bundle
- 59% off XSplit VCam: Lifetime Subscription (Windows)
- 98% off The 2021 Premium Learn To Code Certification Bundle
- 62% off MindMaster Mind Mapping Software: Perpetual License
- 41% off NetSpot Home Wi-Fi Analyzer: Lifetime Upgrades