This video shows how to cook cockles, which are a variety of small clam. First, it is explained that the cockles must be first well-washed in cold water to remove sand. Cockles are only safe to cook if they're still alive; generally, they will be tightly closed if they're alive. It explained that if you have an open cockle, you can check if its alive by simply tapping the shell against something hard and waiting to see if the shell closes. The cockles are put in a dish with water and an acidic substance such as lemon juice or white wine vinegar. The cockles are closed and steamed for a few minutes until the shell opens. The cockles are then removed from the shell and served.
Want to master Microsoft Excel and take your work-from-home job prospects to the next level? Jump-start your career with our Premium A-to-Z Microsoft Excel Training Bundle from the new Gadget Hacks Shop and get lifetime access to more than 40 hours of Basic to Advanced instruction on functions, formula, tools, and more.
Other worthwhile deals to check out:
- 97% off The Ultimate 2021 White Hat Hacker Certification Bundle
- 98% off The 2021 Accounting Mastery Bootcamp Bundle
- 99% off The 2021 All-in-One Data Scientist Mega Bundle
- 59% off XSplit VCam: Lifetime Subscription (Windows)
- 98% off The 2021 Premium Learn To Code Certification Bundle
- 62% off MindMaster Mind Mapping Software: Perpetual License
- 41% off NetSpot Home Wi-Fi Analyzer: Lifetime Upgrades